Friday, April 13, 2007

Its raining outside. It is also very chilly. My parents are coming to pick me up in a few hours. I am eating a microwave dinner that reminds me of the airplane food I ate on the German plane on my way to Armenia. Wow, that was a really long run-on sentence. Needless to say my dinner is pretty decent.

So last night in my Sigma Phi Lambda Bible study we discussed Paul. Now I love Paul already,

“But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ 9and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith. I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead…….

……I rejoice greatly in the Lord that at last you have renewed your concern for me. Indeed, you have been concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it. I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength.”

Phil. 3 and 4

I guess these passages stuck out to me a lot because of what his letter said, and where he was when he wrote it. Growing up I had this picture of Paul in my head. I pictured him sitting by a fire, at home with his family, writing all these letters to the Christian churches. Little did I know how far from the truth I actually was. Paul was actually under house arrest, in Rome. He wasn’t home. I guess the more I think about it, Paul never really had a physical home. I know that sounds so sad, but when I think about it gives me such hope and peace. Even in prison he never complains in his letters, but only encourages. Wow. That is hard core. He was completely out of his comfort zone and totally at peace, because He had Christ.

I have no idea what God is going to do with my life. I know that He has called me to missions, but I have no idea where. But it dosen’t matter, because I am His. It is up to Him how my life plays out. My only prayer is that I will do everything without complaining, and only encouraging the people around me. Easier said than done. :) God may take me away from ‘my home’ and place me somewhere far, far away. But my prayer is that I will be reminded in those times, that I am still at home, because Christ is with me always. Or, He may send me somewhere close, but whatever the circumstance, I will give thanks with gratitude.

No comments: