Sunday, December 31, 2006

A few days before Christmas I received a gift, a CD, of four songs. They were each silent night, but in four different languages. The last one was a group of Chinese believers singing it during their Christmas Eve service in their underground church. It was really neat to hear and reminded me that my Christmases in the future will sound very different than they do now.
During Christmas dinner my mom had Selah playing in the background. I don’t know if you have ever heard them, but they are very good. Anyway, the hymn By and By came on, and it is sung in Swahili. God was like ‘Addi, look up, enjoy being around your family, because in the future, that is what your Christmas might sound like. But don’t be saddened or afraid, because even though your family won’t be there, I will’. It was really neat, I don’t often hear God’s voice like that, but when i do, it takes my breath away.

No comments: