Thursday, December 7, 2006

The word of the LORD came to me, saying,”Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”
“Ah, Sovereign LORD,” I said, “I do not know how to speak; I am only a child.”
But the LORD said to me, “Do not say, ‘I am only a child.’ You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you,” declares the LORD. Sometimes I don’t understand your plan. It can be frustrating, confusing, and awful lonely. I know you have an amazing plan, one that right now I just can’t see. Maybe I don’t need to see it, maybe I need to trust you. You are moving, this I know, in ways that right now I cannot see. You are God, my love, my comfort, and pasture maker; you are good. Meanwhile I am here, trusting you.

~

God never ceases to amaze me. He is good, and loving, and faithfully himself. He is once again gently reminding me that I need to trust Him, for He is good. These past few years I had a huge problem with giving him my complete future. Lately I have been so focused on giving him everything in my future that I forgot to give him everything in the here and now. He is so patient with me, it makes me love him even more.

Today in class my missions teacher made a statement related to missions that caused me to really think. He said: “Being in the center of God’s will can be the most dangerous place to be. But, you are in his will, which is the best place to be.”

No comments: