Sunday, December 24, 2006

God has been teaching me a lot lately, even when I least expected it. At the beginning of my break I wrote in my journal that I wanted to spend my time off getting to know God all over again. I have been reading through Jeremiah and Lamentations, which, I’m not gonna lie, are pretty depressing. God really wasn’t speaking…and I could not understand why. But now, looking back over the past week and a half, I have seen some characteristics of God displayed that I had not seen before. His mercy blows me away, its new every morning, which sends butterflies in my stomach. :-)
Today I got to go to lunch with my mom, and spend some much needed quality time. I love that I can talk to her about almost anything. She is truly probably one of my best friends. The rest of the day was spent watching movies, texting friends, playing card games with my dad, calling the B-Mom, snuggling with Eli and lots of other things. I CANNOT wait till Christmas. I am so excited about what I got my family this year. I am more excited about watching them open their presents than actually getting mine! Silly, I know, but oh well. This Christmas is going to be exciting, I just know it.

Merry Christmas!!

No comments: