Tuesday, December 26, 2006

She brings him good, not harm,
all the days of her life.
-Proverbs 31:12
I was not exactly expecting to post over the holidays, but God really showed me some incredible stuff that I need to write down, and get out of my head, so I can remember it. I have been learning many things from God, but this subject had not come up in a long while, so it really caught me off guard. A friend showed me this passage, I had read it before, but not truly studied it. When I did, the last part really blew me away. She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life. So that means even in the here and now, not just when I meet him someday. I need to guard my thoughts, emotions, feelings that I have now, what I watch, relationships, everything. I want to be able to honor him, and be presented as pure, that doesn’t mean just saving myself for marriage, it means everything.
Not only does it honor him, but it honors God as well. He is the first and foremost one that I should be concerned about honoring. It is He that gave me life, and that I might be able to have it to the full. I know that I have done some things that are less than honorable, everyone has, but God showed me that the neat thing is His mercy and grace and forgiveness is abundant, and it is new every morning. I know that I have been repeating that in many posts lately, but it is something He is teaching me, and that I need to learn. So on this Christmas Eve, that is what God has been showing me, and oh how I love Him! I know that learning this and actually living this out is going to be hard, but that is where prayer comes in. I know like only five people read this but in case you ever think about it, would you mind saying a little prayer? Thanks. :-)

Merry Christmas and God Bless!

No comments: