Saturday, December 30, 2006

My Firsts For 2006

JANURARY!

First time to ring in the New Year in a new town.
First time to lose a best friend.
First time to learn that His promises are new every morning.
First time to tip over in a Lazy-Boy. :)
First time to start looking at colleges.
First time to discuss predestination with my dad.
First time to truly feel called to missions.


FEBRUARY!

First time to attend a ‘Princess Party’.
First time to stop on the side of the road to go to the bathroom.
First time to sit in a truck alone with a boy.
First time to learn Spanish….sort of.
First time to crawl under a electric fence to tell someone about Jesus.
First time to go to Ikea….yes.

MARCH!

First time to take Senior Pictures.
First time to give my testimony in front of a large group of people.
First time to hear God ask something really out of the ordinary.
First time to get grounded in a really long time.
First time to pray that someone would be struck down by lightening because they were mean to me.
First time to apply to college.
First time to go down into a tornado shelter.

APRIL!

First time to get accepted to college.
First time to have an accountability partner.
First time to drop a baby.
First time to drive to Dallas by myself.
(not much happened in April)

MAY!

First time to graduate.
First time to have a good friend break my heart because of the choices he made.
First time to get pulled over for speeding.
First time to jog….for fun. Ha.
First time to have my mom try and marry me off. :)
First time to enroll for college.


JUNE!

First time to go to Arkansas.
First time to have a job.
First time to go to Falls Creek.
First time to stay up all night.
First time to stay by myself overnight.


JULY!

First time to go to a movie by myself.
First time to work as a carhop.
First time to have a cavity.
First time to watch Lord of the Rings.
First time to be a waitress.


AUGUST!

First time to shop for a dorm room.
First time to quit job.
First time to go to College.
First time to meet new and amazing friends.
First time to meet my OCBF.
First time to have a crush on a college boy.
(wow, that sounded stupid.)


SEPTEMBER!

First time to be eighteen.
First time to work at a coffee shop.
First time to have a facebook.
First time to live two hours away from my parents.


OCTOBER!

First time to get a stamp in my passport.
First mission trip.
First time to be out of the country.
First time to experience an unforgettable moment with God.
First time to get yelled at in German.
First time to have dinner alone with a boy.
First time to cut my hair really short.


NOVEMBER!

First time to have my car break down.
First time to fully surrender my future to God.
First time to fail a test.
First time to buy an Apple laptop.
First time to experience mmmmmbison and Lafanzo!
First time to have a really awkward but good moment.

DECEMBER!
First time to have a college snow day.
First time to have college finals.
First time to buy lobster pajamas.
First time to sleep past two pm.
First time to drive a PT Cruiser.

~

So in other words, it has been a pretty good year. Annnnnnnddd I love getting emails like this:

Me: are you coming back next semester??? I hope so. my world is a little less brighter. lol
:)

Savannah: oh yes yes i am im leaving within the next 48 hours to drive down. no worries my misguided republican friend i will show you the way of the brighter path. love ya babe

she makes me smile, even though she is a hardcore democrat; I just try to see past that. :)

No comments: