Sunday, February 24, 2008

Why?

So maybe I am a nerd, but, I do freely admit that I like studying for my Western Civilization exams. For those who are not familiar with all things OBU, Western Civ is one of the hardest classes all sophomores take. It is also the only class I have that requires me to write an essay that I have to form, write, and include a solid thesis that is based on a prompt that I am given a few seconds before I begin....all within two hours.
Yes it is hard. Yes I put in countless hours of studying time. Yes I do get bad dreams about the test the entire weekend before. But, when I sit down and piece all the history and literature together, and it begins to all take shape and make sense, that is when all of the hardships above are worth it. It is like a puzzle that took two hundred years to be created and I am given the pieces to put together so that it can become a picture. It's what keeps me going, and knowing that if I stop right now, with the puzzle only half done, yes I will be able to write a C grade paper, but, if I keep going and finish the puzzle, I can write a paper that is my very best that will also have a grade that I know I earned.

......and yes, that is why I am up at 3 in the morning studying. :)

No comments: