Friday, February 8, 2008

pro choice

Today I was glancing through my cousin's myspace and came upon an album that really surprised me. It was a photo album of several pictures dedicated to pro choice. (I decided to overlook the Obama for '08 pictures.) To be quite honest it broke my heart. I guess this is a touchy subject for me because of my background, but because it involved family, it made me downright mad.
As an adopted child, it seems like people who are pro choice are telling me whether I have the right to live or die. One person's mistake dosen't mean another person's life. Granted I was one of the blessed few to have a loving birthmother that chose to look beyond herself and give me life. I can't tell you how many times I thank the Lord at night for creating me inside a woman who knew that she stood for life. Because there are so many out there who do not.
That baby that was created because of your choice dosen't deserve to die. It did nothing to make this happen, so what gives you the right to kill him? It makes me mad and breaks my heart. I could go on and on but I still have packing to do. So I'll stop for now.

No comments: