Sunday, January 1, 2006

Happy New Year


Today my mother and I trekked up to the city to see two very dear friends join together and become one. We have waited so long to see this day come, many years we have been praying for this day to come and today it came. We celebrated joyfully with many friends and loved ones.
I also got to see many of my friends, including the best friend. We jumped at the chance for a photoshoot and the results were hysterical.
During this I realized how much we had changed. We have changed both for the better, and we were so different than what we used to be. We both are heading different directions, I going off to college soon, and she involved in basketball, driving, and many other things in high school.

But when we still get together, no matter how different our circumstances are at that time; it feels like we picked up right where we left off. I had forgotten how much fun I have with her. She sees me for who I am, and loves me for it.
I truly love my life here, where I am, but I am so glad that I have her in my life as well. She makes things a little brighter.
I love her a lot.

As for the wedding, it was wonderful. The bride was beautiful, the groom looked spiffy, and our friend look mighty handsome in his tux. It was small and quaint; just a few close friends and many tears. I will flickr some pictures of the wedding, because it was so beautiful.
On the ride home I got to have a much desired conversation with my mother. We talked of my future, some decisions I would be making, my major in college, and careers I would be looking into. My favorite part of the trip was a short conversation we had, it occurred something like this:
Her: You forgot to remind me to get gas back in our old neighborhood before we left for home.
Me: I am sorry, I forgot.
Her: We are almost out of gas, we won’t make it much longer.
Me: There is a gas station up the road.
Her: Great, we are going to have to get gas in the ghetto.
I love my mother. She makes me laugh. :-)
Looking back I thought my New Year’s Eve would be pretty stinky, but it turned out to be a wonderful thing. It twas a great was a great way to end the year and bring in the new one. Happy New Year. :-)

No comments: