Tuesday, January 17, 2006


1 By entering through faith into what God has always wanted to do for us--set us right with him, make us fit for him--we have it all together with God because of our Master Jesus. 2 And that's not all: We throw open our doors to God and discover at the same moment that he has already thrown open his door to us. We find ourselves standing where we always hoped we might stand--out in the wide open spaces of God's grace and glory, standing tall and shouting our praise. 3 There's more to come: We continue to shout our praise even when we're hemmed in with troubles, because we know how troubles can develop passionate patience in us, 4 and how that patience in turn forges the tempered steel of virtue, keeping us alert for whatever God will do next. 5 In alert expectancy such as this, we're never left feeling shortchanged. Quite the contrary--we can't round up enough containers to hold everything God generously pours into our lives through the Holy Spirit!
Romans 5
~
Whew, that is a lot to take in, but is totally what I am experiencing right now. God is good, faithful, just, and sovereign; I am learning this daily. But in the midst of this trouble I have been experiencing some delightful breaks in the clouds. Words of encouragement, unexpected phone calls from Ian, prayers, hugs, and even God speaking to me through the mouth of a three year old, bringing me to tears. I am learning to laugh in the rain, I know that sounds dramatic but it is a good way to describe what I am feeling. This storm has passed and has been reduced only to a mere sprinkle with a few showers in between.
Early mornings have become my favorite time of the day, because the sun rises on the side of the house where I spend most of my time. The sunrise is beautiful here, and no matter how horrible the morning can go, (and it can go pretty bad) God always proves faithful with a beautiful sunrise. It almost feels like His special promise to me, that He is there, and with me at all times. No matter how bad things get, He is always there holding my hand, all I need to do is to remember to reach out for that hand. I forget to do that sometimes. :-) Okay, a lot of the time. But I am learning, and He is patient, and I wouldn't want it any other way.

No comments: