Saturday, March 15, 2008

Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall.....


Meet Kelly.
She's my little.....er, sort of.
She's my former little?
Nah, she's still my little sis.....even though I've been excommunicated from all things Phi Lamb.
Despite that fact......
she is amazing.
and a hippie.
and she is the president of my civ professor's fan club.
and we watch LOST together and talk about how much we hate Juliet. :)

When I am on the edge and think that relief is nowhere in sight, God comes to my rescue. He is my shelter, my protector, my friend. This past week has been insanely hard. I'm pretty sure I cried myself to sleep almost every night. Wednesday night was the climax and I felt like I was about to break. Knowing what you need to do, but not wanting to do it is so hard. I feel like I wrestled with God, and I so didn't win. But as Thursday rolled around the sun came out and God reminded me of His love. He sent one of the most precious girls I know to me and we spent most of the afternoon together. I can say the most random things and she understands me. There are very few friendships out there like that. God sent another later that night to me and it was amazing.
It is nice to be reminded that no one is perfect. We all have struggles, hardships, and pain. Yes we may plaster a smile on our faces on the outside, but on the inside we are hurting. But once you get past that fear that you are alone in it you come to realize that you are not really alone. Hearing 'Hey, I've been there, it will work out' is sometimes all you need to hear to feel better.


On a much more random note, in class today my professor explained that if I went to a star millions of miles away, and M stayed behind, I would be my same young self and she would be the old woman when I returned.
Being a class example can be so awkward sometimes, but so much fun. :)


I will live my life as a lobsterman's wife on an island in the blue bay.
He will take care of me, he will smell like the sea,
And close to my heart he'll always stay.

I will bear three girls all with strawberry curls, little Ella and Nelly and Faye.
While I'm combing their hair, I will catch his warm stare on our island in the blue bay.

No comments: