Thursday, March 20, 2008

oh goodness, I am probably on a U.S. 'watch list'...

Who knew that the paper topic I chose would hit so many brick walls. It started Monday when I emailed my Civ professor to tell him that I wished to write about Totalitarianism as a paper topic. He heartily agreed and suggested several documents that I could analyze to use in my paper, Mein Kampf in particular. So I go to my local library and look it up, much to my pleasure they have on the shelf. But, much to my dismay, this HUGE book was written by one Adolf Hitler. Quickly I check out the book, trying to ignore the nosy librarian's glare that she is giving me with her patriotic eyes. Which in itself is ironic because before then my friends and I called the strict, mean, grouchy ladies who work at the library the 'library Nazis'. But moving on.....
Not only is He extremely chatty in this book, making it over 600 pages, He doesn't stay on one topic, making it hard to read. It is also filled with hate, as expected, but also things I have never thought about before. So I have to take breaks every now and then from reading to be around happy, positive people.
Making my problem worse is trying to find commentary on the topic online. Because of the campus' strict internet filter, I am getting a lot of sites blocked due to 'hate and tasteless topics'. Gahhhhhhh........
I might post the finished paper, we'll see.

No comments: