Sunday, March 30, 2008

Living and Loving.

"A bird does not sing because it has an answer; it sings because it has a song."

I want to live without regret. I live so much of my life carefully because I am afraid to fail. Tired of trying to conform to something I'm not. I need to accept who I am and love it. And I do. This life is too short to try to be something I'm not, to sit around and do nothing. Life should be full of laughter, tears, mistakes, and learning. I guess in the back of my mind I always thought that life would begin after college. But its not, its here and its now.
  • I want to live without reserve.
  • I want to spend a full day without technology and just be.
  • I want my conversations to be meaningful.
  • I want to travel to China and see a panda in its natural habitat and not in a zoo.
  • I want to live life more environmentally friendly and make an impact on my world.
  • I want to say something profound and have it quoted in a book.
  • I want to fall in love.
  • I want to read all the books on my bookshelf.
  • I want to go to bed at night knowing that I lived that day to the fullest.
  • I want to spend a month without internet, phone, or electricity with my husband in a country cottage in France.
  • I want to stay in bed all day and snuggle with my boy while the windows are open so we can listen to the rain fall outside.
This weekend I went to the mall with this one amazing girl. We both needed new journals, so we decided to go together. She needed one for her day to day writing, and I needed a new one for my future husband. (The one I have now is the same one I've had since I was 14, it is very purple and has a giant winnie the pooh on the front.) On the way we looked at shoes, engagement rings that we like, and had the most random conversations. I guess the thing I love about her is that I can tell her anything and she totally understands. We love to share about the things we are looking forward to about being married, and everything that goes along with that.......even making out in the kitchen with jazz music playing in the background. :)
I don't know, I guess I have a lot on my mind, and most of it is going to stay in there for now. But yeah, life is crazy and full of surprises and heartaches; and I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments: