Thursday, August 23, 2007

Sooooooo I am all moved in. It?s weird to think that I am an upperclassmen now. I don?t feel like I am old enough to be in college yet, let alone, be a sophomore. I really do love being back here, but I do miss my family as well. I guess you can?t have the best of both worlds, its either one or the other. But, this is where God wants me at the moment, so I am growing where I have been planted.

My room is amazing. We have the largest one in the dorm. I love it. My roommate is in a mood today. Its a good thing that I?ve known her for a year, and am used to her moods, otherwise this would be really bad. I know it will all be better in a few days, and I can handle them fine, its just that I wish she would let me into her world, and let me love on her. I?m not offended, because she lets very few people get close. And I do get glimpses of her heart every now and then, but it goes as quickly as it comes. So for now I am content in being her friend from afar and showing her my love in any way I can. Which means NO hugging, random dance moves, chattiness, or snuggling??.everything that I am about. We are so different; like night and day. Sometimes I wonder how God even put us together, then other times I am reminded how much I really do love her. We get along really well to be so different, and she is easy to read, so I know when to stay away. And she puts up with my random stupid comments, and those mornings when I can?t find the right outfit to wear.

Classes are going well. Civ brings out my ADDness, which is no good. :) I?m not sleeping well at night, and nightmares are invading my dreams. Bad nightmares at that. But my time with God lately has been good, so I understand my sleeplessness at night; satan dosen?t like the road I am traveling down. A few days ago I was planning out my desk calendar, and on the side margin I randomly wrote down a quote from scripture. I didn?t know the passage, or the rest of the verse, and really wasn?t sure why I wrote it down. Later on that evening I read my birthmom?s blog and saw a passage that caught my eye. That night I sat down to do my quiet time and God directed me to that exact verse as I read on her blog, and what I wrote down on my calendar. The verse was Zeph. 3:17

?The LORD your God is with you,

he is mighty to save.

He will take great delight in you,

he will quiet you with his love,

he will rejoice over you with singing.?
For some reason that fourth line really stuck out to me. What does it mean for God to quiet you with His love? I found my answer, but for now I am going to keep it to myself. But know that He is teaching me silence, and I am learning to be quieted by His love.

No comments: