Thursday, August 28, 2008

I'm home by myself tonight. I love my roommates, but it is nice to be alone for a little while. Living in an apartment with three popular girls has been interesting. I have met more boys this week than I have while being at OBU these past two years put together. This semester has been so different than the others. I'm much busier, and my classes are harder. I do enjoy my classes this year though. I feel better too. Its such a new and amazing feeling. I actually have energy now, and feel like doing things. Its insane how much my heart affects the rest of my body.

I received some news today that put a damper on things though. I went to see the professor that I work for today, and found out that I may no longer have a job. I was pretty heartbroken. I loved the job, and not to brag, but I was amazing at it. She even said more than once that I was the best assistant she had ever had. The program that I helped assist is on the chopping block, ergo my job will no longer be needed. Since this was my only source of income, it looks like I am going to have to start looking again. I know God will provide, but still, I am pretty bummed. I don't have time for an off-campus job, and jobs working for professors are hard to find. But God will provide.

I organized my room this evening. Everything is all put up, my desk is how I like it, and I found my local classical/NPR radio station that I love. And I'm eating Frosted Flakes, life couldn't get any better. :)

I think before I go to medical school, I want to be an Au Pair for a year. That would be the most amazing job ever.

No comments: