Friday, August 1, 2008

Rabid Chicken


My brother and I maintain a pretty close relationship. Ever since my surgery he has slept with me almost every night. He likes it because he gets to stay up later, and I don't like sleeping by myself because of my heart, so it works out.
I love it when he sleeps with me because he tends to let down his I'm-a-cool-eleven-year-old facade and actually talks to me. Some nights when he is in an extra good mood he lets me play his most treasured video games, and beats the bad guys for me that I can never seem to win, or he reads the latest Hardy Boys Adventure.

But during all this he lets me know what is on his heart. He tells me the things that excite him, new video games that come out, why Nick Jonas is amazing and should get over Miley and move on (why this fascinates him is beyond me, especially since I have an extreme dislike for all things Jonas), and on occasion he mentions his scum of a birthmom. It breaks my heart to hear the pain in his voice when he talks about her. I've told him more than once that if I could trade birthmoms with him I would in a heartbeat. He has never known the joy in having a stable and Godly birthmom like I have. He truly has a tender heart that I pray never becomes calloused and hard.

Wow, that was a post that came out of nowhere.





In other news, here is what has been going on in my life lately:

  • I have learned so much about who I am.
  • I have seen the lies I've been telling myself all these years.
  • I'm in the midst of planning a surprise party for my mom.
  • I'm going to Utah to go visit the sperm donor birthdad in October.
  • School starts in 25 days and I am still homeless.
  • My jaw hurts really bad.
  • I've written my own personal manifesto.
  • I am choosing to ignore the fact that the unabomber and Hitler had manifestos.
  • My excuse is I wrote it without the intention of it being a manifesto.
  • My almost 11 year old brother is asleep beside me. I love it when he is asleep because it is the only time I can steal kisses from him.
  • I miss learning. School needs to hurry up.
  • I bought an annotated copy of Pride and Prejudice.
  • I am going to start memorizing the Periodic Table this week so I won't have to when school starts.
  • I slept out in the living room with my sisters last night.
  • I woke myself and them all up this morning at six laughing oh so loudly.
  • What was my dream about?? A rabid chicken was chasing me and I had it go attack my cousin who was taking a nap. It was such a stinking funny dream, which is so ironic because I am terrified of all things birds. :)

No comments: