Sunday, September 16, 2007

You might get out before Beowulf knows your name....

I just finished reading Beowulf??longest.book.ever. I had to read parts of it in high school and thought it was extremely boring, but having a bad translation can do that to you. This time, I did like it, and it was easier to read than The Aeneid. I heard that there is a new Beowulf movie coming out in November that stars Angelina Jolie and Anthony Hopkins. Hummm, not sure how that one is going to pan out. From what I can tell they portray Grendel?s mother as a seductive demon-like character. What??? Maybe OBU has a funky translation but from what I read there was nothing seductive about her. Nevertheless I will probably go see it, I want to see their interpretation of Grendel, and see if it was anywhere near as scary as mine. Plus, I think that Anthony Hopkins is a good casting for the role of King Hrothgar, so maybe it won?t be that terrible.

The last few weeks of September and the month of October will be busy with reading Everyman, and then Dante?s Inferno?.two books that I have never read before, so I am kind of excited?.although I would never admit that to anyone in public. :)

No comments: