Monday, September 10, 2007

I had the most wonderful birthday!!! I didn?t think this day would be all that special, but it truly was! My family came up last night and spent the night, and today we spent the day shopping and being together. I received phone calls from my lovely sister, amazing birthmother, and my amazing best friends. I also got 20 facebook birthday wishes and emails; it truly was a great birthday. It reminded me of how much I am truly blessed and loved.

Tonight I finished up some last minute homework assignments, then went across campus with some friends and saw an advanced screening of Miss HIV.  It is a documentary on the pandemic of AIDS/HIV and?..well, you just have to go see it. It really opened my eyes to what a cushy little world I live in, and how blessed I am to have been raised by Christian parents who taught me abstinence till marriage. I didn?t realize this until I went and saw the film, but was written, filmed, and directed by Jim Hanon, the same man who created the Beyond The Gates of Splendor documentary; which was equally good.

Annnnnnnd I?ve been tagged! 

The Rules:

1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.

2. Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.

3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog (about their 8 things) and post these rules.

4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose people to get tagged and list their names.

5. Don?t forget to leave them a comment telling them they?re tagged, and to read your blog.


My 8 Things:

1. I LOVE to video blog. It is my way to relieve stress, boredom, or procrastinate. :) Thus, they end up becoming very silly videos.

2. I have an obsession with pandas, and use the word ?panda? as an adjective. For my birthday my parents took me to Build-a-Bear and let me make a panda. :)

3. I have a journal of letters that I have been writing to my future husband since I was 14 that I am going to give to him on our honeymoon.

4. I am a college sophomore, have gone through 4 majors, and am now undecided at the moment. :)

5. When I was little, I thought I might have been Oprah?s secret birth daughter?..it never occurred to me that that would be impossible because I am white. I am going to write that one off due to my naivety.



6. I LOVE Billy Joel?..with a passion. :)

7. I am a terrible dancer, but that dosen?t stop me from busting some very awkward moves when I am around my family and close friends.

8. My goodbye phrase ?peace out cub scout? has apparently caught on around campus. The other day I heard someone that I did not know use it in passing to a fellow classmate in the hall. It made me feel pretty dang cool, for about a minute. :)



No comments: