Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Ahhhh it is midnight and my roommate is sleeping soundly several feet away from me. How I envy her right now, sleep has decided to become my arch foe, although I am unsure as to why, I do hope that we can reconcile our differences soon. I have a lot on my mind, so I thought that maybe if I get it all out I might be able to sleep. So here it goes:

  • I am content with my life at the moment. Although there are some things in it that are confusing, frustrating, and downright weird, I do love it. God has truly blessed me and is continuing to do so. I do love OBU and where I am at in life. I have an amazing family, a few good friends, and a pretty good roommate (even when she is moody).

  • I unfortunately find my security in my friendships instead of my Savior. I think that because I struggle with this that God is watering my friendships down to single digits so I will learn to cling to Him. It has been something I have struggled with my entire life. I am a confident person, but I need to find my confidence in Christ. People of this world will always fail me because they are human, Christ will never fail me.

  • I feel good enough to elaborate on my previous post written several days ago. I ran into an old acquaintance the other day, and although our meeting was way brief, it caught me off guard. I can?t think of a way to describe it without sounding stupid so here it goes; he was the first boy I have noticed since getting over ?him?. (And those who know me know who ?him? is, and know that he is not worth talking about?.so moving on.) I know that nothing will ever come of it, but still it was weird, and I over-thought it (is that a word?) way too much, and in the end realized that I am truly quirky. So there you go. Plus, I am taking a break in that area?..well, right now they all seem like stupid jerks to me, so, I guess my judgment is a little clouded, which isn?t necessarily a bad thing at the moment.

  • I am sad to admit but I am hooked on the Jonas Brothers. I can?t help but get sucked into their sugarcoated, teenybopper music. Whats even more embarrassing is that my ten year old brother was the one that turned me on to them. Oh well, it does give my brother and I one more thing to talk about when we are together, so I guess every cloud does have a silver lining.

  • My roommate and I are going to go see a movie together tomorrow night for our Civ class. We have to?err, I mean we GET to go watch the amazing movie Gladiator!!! Umm, so I am so not thrilled to go sit for an hour and a half and watch a movie I could care less about. Plus, I have heard it is way gory and bloody, and I am not all up in that. But I am excited that my roomie and I are going to spend some time together.

  • Exciting news! My two amazing friends are taking me out Friday for my birthday! I am excited. Honestly, I haven?t told anyone this but even though I act like this birthday is no big deal, I am actually really excited about it. Plus, my family is coming up saturday night and spending the day sunday with me, so that will be fun too.

Okay so I think that I am finally all empty upstairs so maybe I can get some sleep. Maybe.

p.s. I make no guarantees how sane and coherent this post is, given the late hour. So take it with a grain of salt. :)

No comments: