Friday, September 14, 2007

There could be a million other more important, school related things I could be doing?..but I?m not. Instead I am looking back at old posts that I have written?..back when I was 15. Goodness, it?s hard to believe that I was ever that dumb. It?s funny to even look back at last year and see how badly I screamed ?freshman?.

??.and then I found this.

April 26, 2006

I had to write an essay for OBU, talking about my future goals and dreams. I honestly did not know what to put. I don?t want to find a cure for cancer, save the world, or go to the moon. All i want to do is be a Godly mother, a loving wife, and a missionary to a people who have not heard the gospel. I want to wear pretty skirts, drink coffee, and take my children to the park on a brisk fall days. I want to travel to a different country by myself or with a friend, and explore and go places at the drop of a hat. I want to walk the streets in Spain, and buy flowers. I want to be an encourager to those younger than me. To be able to help girls who are in that ?wierd time? in their life. When everything is confusing and the world seems mean and out to get you. I want to travel to new places, and see things I have only read about. I want to sip tea in a cafe in Paris, and go dancing in Italy. I want people to have the love, grace, mercy, and compassion that my Savior has shown me.

Since then I have officially been out of the country and gotten a taste of the world outside of my cozy little bubble. But most of this still rings true. Lord, did you have me see this for a reason?? Oh how I wish your answers were clear as neon signs at night.

No comments: