Saturday, November 29, 2008

Google: 12 Irish Tenors

This week I am spending Thanksgiving with my family and grandparents at a resort in the hills of Branson, Missouri. The resort is truly beautiful, as well as the time that has been spent here. Despite my grandfather's terrible and rude remarks towards, well, everyone, it has been a good trip. My brother and I have been able to spend some much needed quality time with my parents. Last night we played 3 rounds of Apples to Apples and all ended up laughing till we cried. I've missed moments like that.

This morning I crawled in bed with my mom and visited with her. We talked about submission in marriage and how hard that will be for me. I want my husband to be the head of the household and to lead our family. When people walk into our house, I want them to know that he is the leader. But, I am a very indpendent and strong willed person, and taming that has to begin now. I am growing and learning to be the wife that God wants me to be. I told her that I feel like I'm getting closer to meeting my husband, and she agreed. I know in my heart that it is all very near. But through all this; the conversations, the prayers, I always hear deep in my heart, patience my dear, patience. So I'm patient, and perfectly happy being that way.

No comments: