Monday, November 3, 2008

Brownies and Such

Papers are due, but I'm not doing them. Truly, I don't want to write about the effects of a child growing up with a depressed parent. Why couldn't I have been given the child growing up overweight?? Now that I could have related to. So now, instead of writing, I'm making brownies. :)

This whole time change thing has messed up my internal clock. I was all ready for bed at seven like a grandma. This semester is truly starting to get to me. I need to hold tightly to my motivation and not let go.

I bought a grape soda at Walmart today, as a special treat. Much to my disappointment, it was flat and tasted like cough syrup.

I go back to the cardiologist for a check-up this Friday. How are you feeling lately Addison? Crappy and bloated, thank you. Its funny when I go in, because my whole family goes with me. Mom, Dad, Eli; everybody. I sometimes am sure the doctor must think we are one of those weird cult-like religions. But they all go, which I am thankful for. My mom goes because she always goes to appointments with me. My dad is the voice of reason in our family, and tends to ask questions my mom and I would never think to ask. Eli, he just tags along because he's homeschooled and has no where else to go. I hate it when he goes though. He always gets this air about him and walks around like he knows everything because he used to have the same heart condition. I'm all "whatever, you were two when you had your surgery". It still never ceases to change though.

My mom met this man at church on Sunday morning, a new teacher at the high school and a supporter of our campus. Apparently he is to be my future husband. She invited him over for dinner Tuesday night. Thank God I'm not going to be there. My life is already awkward enough. She said God told her to invite him, so I can't argue with that.

No comments: