Saturday, April 26, 2008

I've....


I've read over 105 books. And that is just off the top of my head, and not including all the books I read in my childhood.So probably I've read a good 400-500 books total.
Sometimes I wonder why reading is one of my passions. I have always loved to read. When I was little my friends would play outside or with other toys while I preferred to read. I think I tend to live vicariously through my books. There is so many different lives I would love to live, but not forever. Granted, I love the life I have, and I wouldn't change it for anything. But, the life of another can be so glamorous and splendid, so it is fun to experience it only for a little while. Through my books I've fallen in love with Mr. Darcy, become a bug, traveled to China, lived on the Titanic, took part in an expedition to Africa, witnessed a bull fight, flown to Neverland, and lived under a Totalitarian regime. I enjoyed all of these things, but am always glad to come back to the life I have. Its like Ernie on Sesame Street; I'd like to visit the moon, but I don't think I'd like to live there.

The Books I wrote about:
Pride and Prejudice (Jane Austen)
Metamorphosis (Franz Kafka)
Joy Luck Club (Amy Tan)
Voyage on the Great Titanic (Ellen White)
The Heart of Darkness (Joseph Conrad)
The Sun Also Rises (Earnest Hemingway)
Peter Pan (J.M. Barrie)
1984 (George Orwell)

No comments: