Saturday, November 18, 2006

“Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.” Finishing up The Third Man tonight, it is a very good book. I haven’t enjoyed reading a good book in a long time, I liked it and it was for a class.
Well I am enjoying pretty peaceful evening to myself. My Itunes shuffle is going, I just used my new Bath and Body Twisted Peppermint lotion, and I am playing on my new laptop that still needs a name. In other words, all my friends are gone and I am putting off homework. Yes, my hall is dead. So dead that I think I just saw a tumble weed roll by. “Oh, I don’t know, I’m just a hack writer who drinks too much and falls in love with girls - you.”
There are so many quotes that I love from that book, it is such a good book. I found out today that I have two tests waiting for me when I return from Thanksgiving Break. Oh well, it’s the price I pay.
I miss being inspired. I have not been inspired by anyone or anything in a long time. I miss reading/being around creative people. Maybe I am just not looking hard enough. I miss being passionate. I think I have been so caught up in my school work that I have just shelved it, putting it away for “some other day”. When I returned from Armenia I came back knowing that I experienced God in a whole new way. Then school started and I was behind from missing school, and I lost all of that. I let it slip away from me. It breaks my heart that I let that happen. I miss my Savior. I miss walking close with him. I have no excuse for it, just that I let all of the “little stuff” get in the way.

No comments: