Thursday, November 9, 2006

Life has kept me…….going a hundred miles an hour. I am in the thick of the semester and school is keeping me pretty busy. I have finally mastered time change and am back to my horrible school sleeping schedule. :-P Roommate stuff is junk, but God is/will work it out.
I miss writing, so, so much. I miss my late nights when I would sit in my room alone and type away at the computer, thinking I was being this huge intellectual by writing short fiction. :-) That was what made a lot of my junior and senior year in high school magical. I think I might start back up writing on my Christmas break, the thought of that is what keeps me going. :-)
“How refreshing to know you don’t need me,
how amazing to find that you want me.” I find such comfort in that. I am driving home the other day, listening to this song and truly trying to hear God’s voice. He has shown me some amazing things these past few weeks, things I would never have expected. My love for Him has grown even more, more than I thought I could. I have been given some opportunities that excites me and allows me to serve him ever greater. But to whom much is given, much is required. Satan has been attacking me so much it makes my head spin. I want to please the Lord, and I want to be filled with His spirit. But with that comes so many tests from the evil one. Many I do fail, time and time again.
I need your Holy Spirit so much, and you have shown me that. You have shown me a Holy Spirit that I never knew. I limited you, God. You showed me that there is nothing that can stop from your Glory being shown. I have now seen the Holy Spirit work in ways I never knew, ways that makes me fall in love with you even more. “and when I need your holy spirit more
than life itself, then Christ is formed in me” God has given one more piece to the puzzle that is my future. When I fully give him everything, and rest in His arms, and let him take control, I become whole. Surrendering everything is a daily battle for me. But with his help, I have learned to overcome it. Now granted yes, there are times I stumble, but my Savior is right there to pick me up. I have faced fears and have been given a peace about whatever is to come. Whether that means I will be alone with no husband for the rest of my life, that is okay if it is God’s will. Think of some of the women missionaries that were alone, and did some amazing things. But wait, they weren’t alone, they had Christ.

No comments: