Monday, December 12, 2005

Learning can be a hard thing to do. It requires, patience, humility, humbleness, and a willing spirit.
If you told me a year ago that last night I would be sitting in a truck, with one of the most attractive people I have ever known, having to apologize for snapping at him; I would have laughed. This boy has a tendency to bring out the worst in me, and I hate that. The more I got to know him, the more I found him to be very proud and irritating. But he is human, like myself, and not perfect like I thought him out to be.
I was relying on a friend, who was in love him, for information concerning his character. To her, he was perfect, was she very wrong. All day I could not figure out why I was so disappointed that he had faults. Then this revelation came to me and everything began to become very clear.
Last night when he said those unkind things to me, the old me would have ran away and cried. But the person I was last night, I hardly recognized. He was rude, and I did not let him get away with it. I shot back, and told him how I felt. But saying how I felt and not backing down did not make me feel any better. It actually made me feel worse.
Part of me wants to write him off as a 'little bug' and end the friendship all together, but then there is another part, a small but significant one that makes me want to strive to make this friendship work, to not write him off and find a common ground. So many things are going through my head that I don't know what to do or what to think. I normally don't do this but I would like some solicited advice.
What are your thoughts?Whether I know you or not, emails are welcome.
Talk To Me.

No comments: