Thursday, December 15, 2005

I have a newfound respect for my cell phone. Yes, it has been dropped countless times on so many different surfaces that I have lost count. It has seen the world, well, at least America, and has become quite the traveler. My phone has sent over 500 text messages this summer, that have gotten me into some pretty interesting experiences. It has made some fun phone calls, and others that have broke my heart. My phone’s voicemail message now is decked out in Christmas with the message “Hey it’s Addi, and I am not ho ho home.” (yes corny, I know). But last night, my phone yet again went through a new trial all its own.
I dropped it in the toilet. So after 24 hours of my phone sputtering, vibrating, making obscene shieks at any random time, and me being afraid I would have to part with my phone forever; it made it through the night and is now working. There were times I thought it was seeing that light at the end of the tunnel, but alas, my phone is here to stay. I now do believe that we can go through anything together. So to celebrate, I am going into town today to buy my phone a spiffy new cover.

No comments: