Monday, September 22, 2008

Step Five: Die Slowly

I promise I haven't forgotten you blog. You have just become number 5,602 on my priority list.


I was lucky enough to have a three day weekend this past weekend. It was loverly. Saturday was shopping for the upcoming OBHG Style Show. I showed up with the intention to keep sweet Dyson occupied while Destiny and the others shopped, but as it turns out my help was needed. While shopping, each girl is paired with an adult shopper to keep track of the clothes, the budget, and everything else. Apparently there was a shortage of shoppers so I was paired up with a girl. I'm not going to lie, it felt pretty good to be considered an adult, but the downside was I had no clue what the heck I was doing, and totally felt like a fish out of water. Luckily I was paired with a sweet 16-year old who was completely patient with me while I kept track of the budget and helped her pick out clothes. Unlike most girls, she was pretty easy to shop for. The only colors she cared for were silver, black, and white. Her decision making skills were superb as well. Every item I held up was given a "that's hot" or a "that's so not hot" rating. I did really well up until I made the mistake of holding up a cute polka dot skirt to which I got a "I so don't do circles". I quickly learned from my mistake.

Did I mention that JC Penny, Maurices, and Goody's also gave everyone a 20% discount on every item bought?? After it was over Ray and I so got our shopping on and went crazy. I got some clothes that may not be 'hot', but I like them, so its good.

If I make it through this week, it will be a miracle I tell you. School has my plate more than filled and is actually spilling over. My mom checks in on my every few hours to make sure I haven't died due to stress. Marrying rich and learning to love him is looking more appealing as the days pass. Really.

My mom is also making me take my blood sugar twice a day now. Since she attended her diabetic educational classes, she is all into healthy eating and lifestyle. I swear, she is like the Yoda of diabetes now; crossed legs and everything. I don't mind knowing my blood sugar, but I have to stick my finger every time I do it, which causes me to dance and flinch like a little baby. It is not so bad when I don't know it is coming, but trying to catch yourself by surprise has proved to be quite difficult. Its so ridiculous I'm starting to get on my own nerves.

To top off my marvelous week,  someone hacked into my youtube account and made me a Demi Lavato fan, and apparently wrote all over her page using my screen name. Now I have gotten ten emailes over the past week from all her little 12-year old fans expressing to me their joy and happiness that I am part of Team Demi, and informing me how I can write to different talk shows asking them to please put her on their show. Shoot me, please.

p.s. I'm turning my comments off. Its lame only getting one or two comments a post when I know I have a lot more readers than that. If you want to comment, shoot me an email.  Emails make me a happy girl. I put up a contact sidebar section too.

No comments: