Sunday, September 7, 2008

Electra Amsterdam Classic 3 - Road Bikes: Reviews

I was talking with a friend tonight about how nice it would be to have a bike to get around campus with. Now, this whole bike business is a risky thing, because there are not a whole lot of bikers in the OBU community. But to me it would be a good investment because my apartment complex sits a good half mile from where all my classes are. Lately I have been driving because of the heat, but when I cools down I would like to save on gas and either walk or bike to class. Its been years since I have had a bike so I have been looking at new ones. I don't want one that is large and clunky, but I don't want it to be sporty either. After looking at many I found the perfect one. It is an Electra Amsterdam Classic 3. It is pretty, functional, and only weighs 35 pounds. Also, it has a skirt guard which helps because I haven't worn pants to class in over a month. The price? It ranges from $500-600. A steep price but if I save for a few months, its doable.

No comments: