Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Love so amazing.

I've been staring at a computer screen for far too long tonight, but I want to get this out for fear I might forget it.
This morning was beautiful. I have 3 chapels left to attend, and I almost did not go this morning because I needed to get some things done. But I am so glad that I did.
But let me back up. This week is going to be pure hell. If I make it through the end of this week sucessfully, I will be amazed. I have so many projects that need to be done, and little busy work that professor's think is absolutely necessary. Some other personal things have come up this past week and weekend that have been on my heart and mind. There have been many things running through my head and I did not realize how much I needed peace.
This morning there was a student led chapel. Usually I HATE student led chapel, so I begrudgingly went.
But today was different. Today was beautiful. Chapel consisted of quiet worship and prayer inbetween. For those of you that know me know that I am not a fan of praise and worship. But this morning I sang quietly, and I sang from my heart.

What can make me whole again?
Nothing but the blood of Jesus.

It was then I realized. I can only be whole through the blood of my Savior. No earthly love, no test grade, no good deed, no boy can ever give me the wholeness like the love of my Savior. So I sang. I sang as a young woman being filled with the peace of Christ. I felt as if my soul was singing, crying out to be with Him. Whispers of hope, understanding, and promises for the future were sang to my heart. Every new song that came was another layer of my heart's song. I left feeling refreshed and ready to face this insane week ahead of week.
So this week doesn't seem so bad.

No comments: