Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I'm baaaaack.

Woah 2008, you threw me for a loop.

In 2008 I:
-Organized and led my sorority's Rush Week and Pledge retreat.
-Found out I had a Atrial Tachycardia.
-Discovered the joy and happiness in ABC's LOST.
-Fell in love with rain boots.
-To my dismay and disgust, got stuck in Western Civ with the OCBF.
-Learned to forgive and be forgiven.
-Loved being in Western Civ with the OCBF.
-Was put on a 30-day heart monitor. (Shoot.me.in.the.head.)
-Cried in the shower for a hour, crying out to God.
-Voted for Ron Paul in the primary presidential election.
-Met Kelly, my phi lamb little sis.
-Quit Sigma Phi Lambda.
-Bought an iPod Touch.
-Became a vegetarian.
-Quit being a vegetarian for two weeks.
-Fell in love with The O.C.
-Almost got kicked out of my house.
-Had an emotional breakdown.
-Fell in love with Edward and Jasper Cullen. Oh man.
-Had to back out of going to Scotland due to my heart.
-Underwent heart surgery for 8 hours awake.
-Woke up to find out that it was unsuccessful.
-Learning to depend on God for strength because I was completely broken.
-Wrote my own manifesto.
-Had one of the most honest conversations ever with my birthmom. 
-Hated OBU, but returned obediently. 
-Met the roommates from hell.
-Put into the hospital to try new heart medicine.
-Found a good dosage of heart medicine that works.
-Loved and hated Chemistry.
-Celebrated my 20th birthday.
-Learned that Love is a Dance that Surrenders.
-Voted for president for the first time. 
-Discovered I can paint.
-Celebrated Thanksgiving in Branson.
-Met and became extremely fond of a certain man.
-Finished my fifth semester of college.

So looking over it all, 2008 pretty much sucked. It had some amazing moments, but it was one of the roughest years I have ever had. But 2009 has got to be better, right? Right. I'm very ready to close the door on this year and welcome the new one. I guess the thing that sticks out to me with 2008 is that it was full of relationships. New ones, old ones, renewed ones, forgotten ones. I grew up this year, cried this year, and laughed this year.
So here is goodbye to 2008 and hello-you-could-not-have-come-sooner to 2009.

No comments: