Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Stuff


A few days ago I was scanning the best seller aisle at Target, hoping to find something new to capture my interest. Eat, Pray, Love was sitting on the self among other best sellers. I picked it up and skimmed its contents seeing that it looked very "new-agey". Regardless, I was out of books to read so I figured I give it a try. So far I really like most of it, although I do not agree with her ideas regarding religion and God.

~
I received my application packet for the EMT program. I'm pretty excited about it. I am going back to OBU in the Fall. As much as I dislike it, I know that is where God wants me. Even though I don't agree with God's plan, actually knowing it is a huge relief to me.

~
I guess in my mind summer is just now starting for me. I finished my summer goals list and I am pretty excited about it.

~
One of the summer missionaries is staying in our cottage right now. I was surprised by how much I like her. Usually I do not interact much with them when they come in the summer but this one I really like. She is a sweet girl and always makes you feel better when you talk to her.
~
I hate how the anger and pain can sneak up on me when I least expect it. I can be doing the most odd of jobs and it will hit me like a brick wall. BAM: you are not better, your heart is still broken, you are yet again back at square one. It is then when it becomes so hard to not be angry at God. Yes God did let this happen, but, I have to remind myself he did not do it out of malicious spite, He did it for a reason. I don't want to be bitter, because my anger and tears do no good.

No comments: