Saturday, September 16, 2006

Today just wasn’t good…..at all. I had to come home last night, in order to go to my eye doctor this morning. He informed me that I had a bad stigmitism, that I needed a different brand of contacts, and new glasses. Then, my eye doctor (whom I do believe just got done playing Frisbee with Opie outside) explained that I am no longer able to wear my color contacts. Humph. I was quite put out with him. After we finished I went on to go pick out new frames. When the lady looks at my insurance, she pulls out a small, and I mean small tray of frames that my insurance will pay for. She was grumpy, and in a hurry, and I ended up with frames that make me look like Where’s Waldo’s sister. To make matters worse they were the only decent ones in the tray. But at least I have glasses, and I am able to see. Others are not. So I suppose I have no reason to be grumpy.

Even though school is hard, my roommate is mean, and I don’t have that many friends (He’s teaching me that popularity is highly over-rated); I like school, and God is faithful. I like where I am, and what I am learning from our ever gracious Savior.

~

Random Conversation #5,289 With My Mother:

Mom: He’s a half-baked cake.
Me: What am I?
Mom: Oh honey, your not even batter yet.
Me: Am I still in the grocery store shelf waiting to be bought?
Mom: No, you’re sitting in the pantry, waiting for God’s plan to unfold.

I love my mom so much, and her crazy examples. This was probably one of my favorites.

No comments: