Saturday, August 29, 2009

Senior Year

This week has been truly insane. But such a good insane. The first part of the week was spent unpacking the apartment with my roommates and hugging lots of friends. After we got over the initial shock that our apartment is a total crap-hole, we began to decorate and try to find the best in it despite its sad state. I love my roommates, they are amazing, creative, and beautiful girls. One thing that I love the most about them is that they are not afraid to admit that they have faults. We are all human, and are not afraid to admit that we will have some difficulties living together because we are all selfish and moody. They have also been such a huge help in making our apartment beautiful. Painting, rearranging furniture, and adding plants to our apartment has made it look peaceful and lovely.

It is really nice to come home to a place that I love. Because my days are so busy. I am taking all classes for my major, and it is amazing. I cannot wait to be a teacher. Learning different methods of teaching is so exciting and I cannot wait to use them. When I'm not in class I am organizing the America Reads program while my boss is out of town. She usually handles the program and I help out when needed. But she is out of town for the next three weeks so I am in charge of conducting interviews, booking the rooms for orientation, emailing to make sure we have funding, and so much more. I'm not going to lie, it is so thrilling to sit behind a desk and have freshman sucking up to me because they think I am the one that decides if they get the job.

Personally, I'm staying busy, trying not to think too much through the day. And at night I'm busy ignoring the mocking and heart wrenching dreams of what will never be. 

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love your heart. And you express yourself so beautifully. Have you ever thought of majoring in English? :-)

Addison Degginer said...

you know, I have thought about it. haha.