Monday, August 17, 2009

For those who like to keep in touch via email, or if you simply want to write and gush about how awesome I am, this is now where I can be reached: addison.eaton@my.okbu.edu

Apparently they switched over to Gmail, which made my day a little brighter. This way I can check all my email through my Mail App on my iPhone.

I spent most of the day cleaning, doing laundry, and getting school stuff together. It kept my mind busy most of the day, so I stayed away from overthinking things too much. I came to the realization that I am going to look like such a poser when I head back to school. The backpack I'm carrying is my sister's old Vans pink bag. I made the mistake of trying it on while wearing a black shirt, with my black hair, and my nose ring. I looked in the mirror and instantly knew I am going to get made fun of this year.
I am so ready to get back. I need a distraction from the stuff that is going on here. I miss my friends, living in an apartment, and I honestly miss learning. The feeling of being in a classroom full of people that love and appreciate literature the same way you do is amazing. Kendra and I are going to create a work-out schedule, and my roommates and I are messaging over facebook about decoration ideas. I get a hug from my beautiful OCBF in seven days, which I need now more than ever.

As much as I am ready to be back, I'm so going to miss things about home. My family will be a huge one. They can drive me crazy, but I love them still. Its going to be weird to sleep without Eli in my room, because he is most nights. And then there is Amanda. She has been so wonderful, kind, loving, and supportive these past few days and weeks. Next year she will be there with me, but its going to feel weird without her....

....This post is getting lame. I'm not liking where it is going, so I'm going to go watch Doctor Who and head to bed. The End.

P.S. Jesus, would you please send rain? I need its soothing peace so badly right now. 

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Dearest Addison love,

Yes, you will turn heads at OBU this year. But you always have, for various reasons. I pray this next year will be one of sweetness in all of your relationships...the Lord, et al. :-)

I cannot believe you're turning 21. Where the heck have the years gone?

You are precious, and I adore you. I love you my sweet!