Sunday, February 15, 2009

Ouch.

I was reading my dear friend Taylor's blog post on Israel and was brought to tears.

I am so much like Israel these days, and I hate that.

My heart has become so hardened these past three years. I am no longer the same girl I was when I first arrived at OBU.

Granted, I've grown up significantly, but so many other things have changed for the worse.

I constantly listen to the lies of the evil one.
I am insecure about who I am.
I constantly question the validity and sincerity of my friendships here.
I'm hardened.
Most of the words that come out of my mouth do not glorify God, and that hurts.

What happened?

Where is the lovely lady that once loved Jesus so much?

My heart aches to be that person once more. There was so much peace and happiness when I was close to my Savior. 

How can I get back to being that girl?

No comments: