Sunday, March 25, 2007

“In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God’s will. And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”
Romans 8:28-30
PCOS. Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. Dang. It affects 5-10% of women in America. Guess who got lucky and thrown into that percentage?

I need to whine for a second…maybe two.

So a few nights ago my parents set me down and gave me some news that I really didn’t want to hear. I know God is in control, but everything seems to swirly and confusing right now. My body is sick, and now that I know what is wrong, I want to do something about it. Now that I have been ‘diagnosed’, I have to take these giant horse pills that taste awful. Whats even worse is the medicine has horrible side effects, ones that I won’t go into detail here. I hurt, and I want to feel better, but it is going to be hard and complicated. I am at the point where I don’t even know what to pray for, or even how to pray. Its hard to not be angry, but I am trying.
The other day I read the passage above, then I sat and let those words wash over me. Now, its what I am clinging to……as if its a promise made just for me.

So to sum up what has been going on lately: my body is bad news bears. :)

No comments: