Sunday, February 18, 2007

I received some news on Friday that has left my head feeling fuzzy. I am trying to sort out and place my trust in who God is, and not what I think He should be doing. But its going to be okay, I know it. :) He’s God, and I am not…..which makes me really happy. He has a plan, and it is good.

“But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” 2. Cor. 12:9b

~

To the cross I look, to the cross I cling
Of its suffering I do drink
Of its work I do sing

For on it my Savior both bruised and crushed
Showed that God is love
And God is just

At the cross You beckon me
You draw me gently to my knees, and I am
Lost for words, so lost in love,
I’m sweetly broken, wholly surrendered

What a priceless gift, undeserved life
Have I been given
Through Christ crucified

You’ve called me out of death
You’ve called me into life
And I was under Your wrath
Now through the cross I’m reconciled

In awe of the cross I must confess
How wondrous Your redeeming love and
How great is Your faithfulness


Tonight I have kept this song on repeat. Its words speak the words in my heart. Sometimes I get so caught up in all the ’stuff’ of religion that I forget the most important thing; Him. I have been wanting to go deeper, wanting to become more passionate. I guess I am a little bit at a loss for words. So many things are going on right now, and more are going to happen, things that might possibly affect my future. I know that He is in control, but I have let ‘little things’ get in the way. Yes, the next few weeks may not turn out how I would like them to, I might receive news that I don’t want to hear, but He is in control. Its going to be good because He loves me. To become more passionate I need to become more silent, and go back to the things that first drew me to him, when I was sweetly broken. :)

No comments: