Wednesday, July 8, 2009

So I am still tossing this around in my head, but I thought it might bring some clarity if I wrote about it here. My blog is a safe place for my thoughts....


.....I'm thinking about getting a tattoo.

Yes, I know they look weird when you are old.
Yes, I know my mother would be not pleased.
Yes, I know the dangers.
Yes, I know they hurt.

But, I think I really want one.

It wouldn't be some place where it could be seen everyday. It would be for me. I'm a little worried about the pain, but then I think, hello, I freaking had heart surgery while awake. So I think I could handle the pain. Right? ;)

I would get a quote from Shakespeare's The Tempest. It is by far my favorite play. This past semester I fell in love with the words of Shakespeare. So if I ever got a tattoo, I would want it to reflect my love of literature, which is a huge part of my life.
Option 1: "When I waked, I cried to dream again"





Option 2: "Be not afeard; the isle is full of noises, Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not."


I know that I have many lurkers, but no commenters. But today, I am asking for your advice. What do you think?

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Use sound judgement. Make sure it's something you will love when you're eighty (as far as design goes). I say go for it. I have a lot of friends who are getting them right now...and they are my age! :-) Nose piercings too. Me, I'm not doing it. Good luck with all that. ha.

Addison Degginer said...

bahahah you should totally get my face tattooed on you somewhere. LOL

Melissa Joy said...

I like the first quote a lot. You could get it right across your tummy, and use your belly button as a dot on an "I". I'll go with you to get it and photo-document everything. :)

Jennifer Bergey said...

I just saw this post. Eeek.

Yes! Go for it. :) I have a list of 3 tattoos that I want to get. I just haven't done it yet.