Saturday, November 10, 2007

Fearless warriors in a picket fence, reckless abandon wrapped in common sense

Deep water faith in the shallow end and we are caught in the middle

With eyes wide open to the differences, the God we want and the God who is

But will we trade our dreams for His or are we caught in the middle

Are we caught in the middle
Just how close can I get, Lord, to my surrender without losing all control
Lord, I feel You in this place and I know You?re by my side

Loving me even on these nights when I?m caught in the middle
So the question is, how do I get out of this middle??
Somewhere between who I was and who You?re making me

Somewhere in the middle, You?ll find me
Somewhere between the safety of the boat and the crashing waves

Somewhere between a whisper and a roar
Sometimes I think I am scared to take that plunge, to give into that reckless abandonment. Why am I so afraid to be known by the God of the universe? Why am I so afraid to let Him have control of my life? Why? Because I am afraid with what He might do with it. Because it would require me to lay everything down, to be stripped of everything I am and be something new and unknown. This relationship that I have now is comfortable, safe, predictable. Why do you have to call me to something more? Something more is a scary place for me, I like where I am. Why can?t you be the God that I want, rather than the one you are?
I know that if I do take that something more, it means that I cannot ever go back. I like the middle. But I do thank you for loving me despite my Jonahness, loving me even when I?m stuck in the middle.

No comments: