Saturday, June 3, 2006

Flee the evil desires of youth, and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.
-2 Timothy 2:22

I cannot tell you how much that verse has spoken to me over the past few days. I was telling my father this morning that it seems like Paul thought, "Humm, this might help Addi in two thousand years, so I will be sure to write it down in my letter to Timothy."

Lately, I have really been thinking about the life I have had, and the people I come into contact with each day. How much of a legacy have I led? When I see people day in and day out, do they see Christ's love in me? Even when I am grumpy because rude customers hurt my feelings, am I setting a Godly christian example? I sat down earlier and thought about how many people I have the chance to share the gospel with. But do I jump at the chance? Not normally. People at work know that I am different by the way I live and act, so maybe I will have more opportunities in the future.

While closing the store, a girl that I work with decided to give me some advice. "If a man ever tells you that He is a virgin, run the other way fast." I only smiled because if she only knew that I have been praying for years that my someone will stay pure, and that God would protect him from people like, well, her. With the verse that has been on my heart lately, this conversation was very ironic. My heart was telling me to run from the very thing she was telling me to run too.

I love letters. Paul's letters to Timothy are my favorite. I love my Lord, too.

No comments: