Sunday, June 28, 2009

Life is short.

So why spend it uselessly?
I was sitting with my grandma in her rehab room truly seeing her age for the very first time. She is old, and has lived a long life that is about to end. It breaks my heart to see, but I know that it must happen no matter how hard I try to stop it.
My life is going to end someday too. I'm not trying to make this a sad and depressing post. I guess I am trying to say that I have finally realized that I am not invincible. My days are limited, and I shouldn't be wasting them. God did not send me to earth to live a life of frivolity.

Life is too short to:
Laugh too little.
Wish for tomorrow to come.
Not enjoy today.
Play games with silly boys.
Fight over something that won't matter tomorrow.
Not smile just because you feel like it.
Hide how you feel because of fear.


God wants me to live recklessly in His love. When I abide in Him, there is a whole new frontier to explore.


No comments: