Friday, June 18, 2004

Wind

As a tear ran down my cheek, I knew I would never forget her.

She was my source of comfort and joy. When I would come home from school she always had a cookie and a glass of strawberry milk waiting for me at the table. Now all there is for me at the table is a few dirty dishes, and a quickly written note explaining why I will be all alone tonight.

But when I am alone, I sometimes climb up to my tower and open a window, just slightly. Then I curl up in her favorite chair and watch the sun set as it slowly lowers behind the mountain. That was her favorite mountain, "One of God's beautiful creations." she always said. As I gaze at that mountain I start to feel the wind gently blow through my pinned back curls and on my sun burned cheeks, that is when I start to feel her.

Although I know she is gone to be with the Lord, I consider her like the wind; although you can't see it, you can feel it and you know that it is there. That is a very comforting thought.

No comments: